When I first saw that HTC came out with the HTC EVO Shift, I was like, “Dang it! I knew it was going to happen! I knew they were going to come out with an EVO with a physical keyboard!”
They did it, but (ah… there’s the but) they didn’t do it as good as the EVO… Sr.?, if you want my opinion.
Checking out the features of the Shift against the Sr. leads me to believe I still have the better EVO.
What you gain with the Shift:
- physical QWERTY keyboard
- chat-style messaging
- Web browsing with Flash*
- the 4.3″ screen (3.6″ on the Shift)
- dual cameras (there’s only one 5.0MP (not 8.0MP) camera on the back of the Shift)
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor
- HDMI slot
- 0.1oz in weight well, it’s true!
* I’m not sure why the comparison shows that the Sr. doesn’t have web browsing with Flash. I can see all Flash components just fine when I browse the web. Someone let me know if I’m missing something, please.
Turning the Shift on its side does allow the Home icons to shift to landscape, which doesn’t happen on the Sr., so that’s something else you again with the Shift.
However, I’m cool with my Home icons not shifting in order to keep my 4.3″ screen (the main reason I wanted the EVO Sr.), my dual cameras and my 1GHz Snapdragon processor. So…
I still love my HTC EVO!!!
- Happy Mother’s Day, Tyrone!
- Twitter Conversation: Access to the tools does not equal proficiency…
- Oh, no! I’ve forgotten how to read!!!
- Are you a designer/developer or just an activator?
- I’m featured on RolloutOut.com
- Why do we give up “simple pleasures” when we get older?
- They told Arthur Boorman he would never walk unassisted again. They were wrong!
- I love everyone, but I don’t “LIKE” anything or anybody…
- Book Review: The Last Train to Dachau by Robert B. Niklewicz
- My new book reviewing system